Oatmeal Cranberry Muffins Recipe
This is an easy and very tasty recipe for muffins, they make a great breakfast or just a yummy snack.
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of oatmeal flour
1 cup of soaked, dried cranberries, preferably sweetened
1/2 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
egg substitute to equal one egg
1/4 teaspoon salt (may be omitted)
3/4 cup soy or rice milk
1/3 cup neutral-tasting oil
handful of sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, etc.
1. To make oatmeal flour, whiz oatmeal in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Add wet ingredients, adding the egg replacer first. Add cranberries. Add seeds and/or nuts. Fold in until the batter is just moist; do not over-mix.
4. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until light brown. Let cool in pan for one minute; remove from pan to finish cooling.
5. Soy protein powder may substitute for a small part of the flour to boost the amount of protein in each muffin.
Preparation time: 15 min
If you have any feedback, please leave a comment.